Beyond The Bell Is Helping Spread The Message of
Substance Misuse Prevention!
NOW HIRING: Region 6 Project Coordinator
Region 6 Project Coordinator Job Description
Job Title: Full Time Project Coordinator
Upson County Partners in Prevention Project (PIPP)
Service Area: Region 6, Upson County
Reports to: Executive Director
This position plays a significant role in fulfilling the required deliverables of our state grant. This role will be filled by a dynamic individual who can oversee multiple tasks while managing multiple deadlines and work in a demanding environment. The individual must have excellent communication skills, flexibility, the ability to adjust to change and overcome adversity, and a passion for prevention. The individual must be an initiative-taker, confident with lots of self-esteem. The individual must have or quickly learn the Strategic Prevention Framework (SPF) model. The Executive Director will provide training as well as state contractors and other state training programs.
A Bachelor’s Degree is required as well as an educational background and experience working with youth and the community. Must be highly initiative taking, as well as be able to work independently at times. Must be highly organized with excellent diligence and follow through while managing multiple tasks. Must have the ability to make public presentations using credible data collected through various data sets and analyzed by the agency evaluator. The individual must present in a professional manner when working with the public, in the office and attending meetings and trainings. The ideal candidate must have good computer skills, the ability to use various software and data bases for reports. Some relevant experience with nonprofit organizations and/or substance abuse prevention programs preferred but not required for the individual willing to learn. Requirements include the ability to facilitate group trainings with middle and high school students as well as parents and other members of the community. Travel includes to and from meetings and events, the administrative office in Conyers, GA, training programs and community meetings. Light lifting of equipment and materials, occasional night or weekend work depending on programs and services is also required. This is not necessarily a 9-5 position as some programs and events take place in the evenings, at night and some weekends. Occasional overnight travel maybe required for training workshops.
- Help form, convene train, and strengthen a community-based coalition with monthly meetings scheduled.
- Conduct community-wide needs assessments and other community surveys regarding substance use among 9–20-year-old.
- Address issues discovered during survey collection by putting programs, services, and events in place to address the issues relevant to the individual communities.
- Build partnerships, collaborations, and programs with other organizations. The contract is partners in prevention.
- Attend all state sponsored PIPP trainings and other related trainings as necessary thereby helping to build the capacity of Upson County to reduce the early onset of alcohol, marijuana, and other drug use among 9–20-year-old.
- Prepare monthly required progress reports on all activities and events for the month and submit timely to the state regional prevention specialist. These reports tie directly into the agency reimbursements from the state. Additionally, enter monthly data into the online data management system.
- Help build and retain the Youth Cabinet membership. This is the youth version of the adult coalition.
- Assist Executive Director and work with consultants, businesses, and volunteers as needed.
- Be the lead on the end of the year required state report and assist with the evaluation of PIPP goals and objectives as needed.
Please visit our website before applying to ensure compatibility: www.beyondthebellkids.org.
Email resume and cover letter to:
Sandra Dean, Executive Director
firstname.lastname@example.org new email
Please consider making a tax-deductible donation to Beyond The Bell to help fund our annual educational field trip in 2022. We are proposing to take youth to visit our nation’s capitol in Washington, DC. on a five day visit.
Please take our Community Needs Assessment Survey!
If you are between the ages of 9-20, have a child between these ages, or would like to help get involved in Beyond The Bell, please message one of our local communities on our contact us page or by calling them directly.
We implement our evidence-based strategies in these three focus communities
Beyond the Bell effectively provides prevention programs, interventions and/or resources when appropriate to reduce substance use in youth.